-The Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil Immortal World Tour is amazing! All emotions....sad, happy, fun, exciting...all of it. I definitely recommend it!
-Night clubs just aren't for me anymore. Nothing like having an awesome view of the strip from a rooftop club, having a drink with your man and celebrating your 29th birthday and all you're thinking of is how much you miss your little boy.
-In-N-Out burger is still my favorite fast food joint ever. Being born in California, having family there my whole life, and then living there again for a year, In-N-Out has always been a family favorite and must-have for any trip out west. After two drinks at the club, we opted for In-N-Out and headed back to the hotel
-Naps are necessary when you are kid-free....even in Vegas. The following morning after our wild and crazy night out, we got up, went to breakfast, and came back and took a nap.
-It's ok to look like a tourist in Vegas. I strapped the big camera bag over my shoulder and we walked miles and miles...taking pictures, buying souvenirs and doing all the things you must do in Vegas.
-Baby lions are adorable. The MGM Grand may be outdated, but we had to stop to see the baby lions. They were about Gavin's age...which made them even more cute to me!
-The people dressed up as robots, famous figures and dead celebrities are not just there to look at and take pictures of. They expect a tip. I learned that after taking a picture of a robot. He held up a dollar and told me, "We will take pictures for tips!!" I said sorry! And kept walking.
-Don't take your kids to Vegas. (Duh). With all the "Girls Girls Girls" ads that are being handed out, your kids will be sure to see some nudity, whether you want them to or not.
-The Minus 5 Degree Ice Bar is cool...in small doses. We stopped into the ice bar to see what it was all about. $75 dollars later, we had a warm coat to put on, some gloves, and two tiny drinks each out of an ice cup. It was basically a big freezer with ice sculptures for tables and chairs, a big ice sculpture Michael Jackson, and a few others. After 15 minutes we were ready to step out and warm up. No cameras were allowed, because they will take pictures of you and sell them for $20 each! We opted not to buy any. I said, while we were freezing inside, "Didn't we pretty much do this last year in Green Bay?" I'm pretty sure the ice bar was a little warmer than Green Bay...and no wind!
-The Red Square Vodka bar/restaurant is overrated. We looked at the menu, saw that it was really pricey and that they had upscale food and all liquors and went in for our nice, romantic dinner. The food was mediocre at best.
-Bleu cheese olives are worth the search. I was looking all over Vegas, asking every bartender if they had bleu cheese olives. I had seen them on the Real Housewives of Orange County, and wanted to try them in a martini. The Red Square had them. We each ordered an extra dirty martini with the olives. Halfway thru we ordered more olives. Three quarters of the way thru we ordered more olive juice. Maybe we should have just left the vodka out and we would have been happy. :)
Overall, it was a great time and nice to get away with just the two of us. The hotel was very nice, I would recommend it. I was definitely ready to get home and see Gavin though.
Back to the real world tomorrow. I start my new job! Here are some pics of our trip.
| In infamous self-taken pic on the plane |
| The living room of our suite...somehow we didn't get pics of the bedroom or awesome bathroom! |
| Gotta love the timer feature. |
| The view from our room |
| We could see In-N-Out too! |
| Steve in the Luxor (this is where I stayed with my friends a few years back to celebrate April going into remission |
| Me on the strip |
| The baby lion |
| You can tell he's walking towards me and holding up a dollar...too funny |
| Me and Mrs. Green |
| Steve sneaked one of Batman |
| I was trying to pretend I was taking a pic of Steve, and wanted a pic of Elvis. But Elvis is too smart for us, he turned around. So I took one of Steve showing me his new bracelet |
| Harley Davidson bar |
4 comments:
Great update! Looks like a lot of fun and can't wait to go in May.
I still remember In and Out Burger from our trip down to Anaheim. Good times!
Hahahaha. I chuckled a few times reading this. Sounds like a great trip, and you both look fabulous. How's the new job?
And yes, In-N-Out is soooo good!
Thanks for the tag-a-long trip to Vegas lady. Best wishes with the new job!
New job? Vegas? OH man...I feel like we need a 5 hour update session!!!
Post a Comment