Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New Job!

On to the reason I'm able to post pictures and a new blog during the middle of the day on a Tuesday...

I got a new job!

Our friend Erik recently quit working for Steve at Enterprise. He knew I was unhappy at my job, mainly because of the long commute I have everyday. So when he got a new job, he told me all about it and let me know there was another opening.

So I applied, interviewed three times, presented a PowerPoint, and finally heard last Friday that I got the job!

The position is with Staples Advantage, and I will be doing outside sales. My territory will cover downtown Denver north to Wyoming. I will have one office day a week, and the rest of the week I will be traveling and getting companies to use Staples Advantage for their office supplies, print supplies, interior design, facilities solutions, etc.

It's a great gig, I will get a phone and car allowance, and better yet, more money!

I've been in sales since I graduated...first ads, then cars, then variable annuities, and now this. I just needed a job closer to home and I also wanted to be face-to-face sales, not just over the phone. So I'm really excited!

I start on the 19th. In the mean time, I'm home with my little man, getting stuff done, relaxing, and Steve and I plan to go to Vegas next week to celebrate my 29th birthday!

Keep reading to hear about our weekend....

1 comment:

KristiA said...

So freaking excited for you! Can't wait to hear how your first couple of days have been going! You'll do great!!