It just wouldn't be our family if there wasn't a story to go along with our weekend!
Friday we headed back to Kearney with both kids in tow and a van-full of presents. Once we got there, Steve took Paige and my little sister Noelle to Alvin and the Chipmunks so that my mom and I could wrap presents. I had bought a ton of them when we were there for Thanksgiving so I had my work cut out for me.
I got it all done and put under the tree (and the Santa gifts hidden), and then Steve and I headed out to meet some of my friends, April, Michelle and Kristi.
On Christmas Eve we woke up and did all the usual stuff: cooking, watching White Christmas, Steve did a little last-minute shopping, eating, etc. My brother Kenny's family as well as my brother Billy's family were over. We went to church at 5 and then came home to do gingerbread houses and then open our one present.
I received "Elf" on Blue-Ray from Steve, Steve received a bear from Paige, Paige received a doll from us, and Gavin got a Leap Frog book from my sister Jenneah.
We all hit the sack after we played Santa...with cookies, milk, and of course, gifts put out. (By the way, I have never seen so many gifts in one place. It's evident our family is growing, because the amount of gifts was ridiculous!)
Gavin woke up at 6 a.m., and at 6:30 the alarm went off and we got everyone else up.
When we went in to get Paige she had a bloody nose. Unusual, but we cleaned her up and headed to the living room and started in on our stockings and presents.
About halfway thru opening presents, Paige started crying and said she didn't feel good. Steve got her a banana and some water, she had a couple bites, and sat down to keep opening. Then she started crying again. Steve picked her up and she started dry-heaving. He rushed her to the bathroom and she threw up. After presents, she said she wanted to go back to bed.
Then I started feeling dizzy. Then I threw up. I went in and laid down with her. Steve was stuck loading up the car with our gifts and suitcases.
I threw up a couple more times and she did too. I started to feel better about an hour into our drive home, but poor Paige threw up the entire way.
We had to get her back by 2 p.m. to her mom's, and we dropped her off in her pj's, and she was still sick. Her mom said she threw up all day until 9 p.m. and never even opened her stocking or any gifts at her house. The poor girl. It was so sad.
Despite the sickness, we all made out really well on gifts. I laid all of Paige's gifts out on her bed so when we get her on Friday it will be like Christmas all over again. She doesn't remember what she got!
Once we got home, I put together all of Gavin's toys and let play. He loves them all.
Some memorable gifts:
Steve got a TON of Hawks and Bears gear from everyone in my family. He also got a calendar that I made for him (I started that tradition last year), a mug that says we love Daddy with a picture of both kids on it, some new work shoes and clothes, pj's, and some other random stuff.
I got some diamond and blue topaz (my birthstone) earrings from my mom, some blue topaz earrings from my little brother, a coat, movies, perfume, Bath and Body Works gift set in my favorite scent, slippers, pj's, a box full of greeting cards for all occassions, a scarf and hat that my mom made, a Samsonite suitcase from Kenny and Kristi, some underwear, socks, work clothes, and a bunch of other stuff!
Paige got a Dippin' Dots maker, a scooter, a Hello Kitty outfit, some Barbies and accessories, an MP3 player, books, DVDs, CDs, board games, Rock Bands bracelet maker, Headbands maker, pjs, a build-a-bear kit, a game for her Leapster, and a bunch more!
Gavin got a piano, a Simba rocking horse, some leap frog toys, a Bears pillow pet, clothes, pjs, books, blocks, etc.
We did well. For now, it's back to work! I'll upload pics soon.
For Steve's birthday on New Year's Day, we are going to the Nuggets/Lakers game. Go Lakers!
No comments:
Post a Comment