Monday, December 19, 2011

A Tribute to Bo

Well, it's official. Our Bobo is now with a new family. While Paige and I were very sad and cried together when we told her, I know it's the best thing for him. He'll have more room and more attention at his new home. And the best part is that we will still get to see him. His new dad is a friend of mine who lives downtown and goes skiing a lot during the winter. So I told him anytime he needs a petsitter we will take him.

Here are some reasons why Bo is such a great dog, and such a big part of our lives.

-Steve and I got Bo when he was 8 weeks old. He was a big fluff ball. We saw a commercial with a St. Bernard one night. I had just gotten Charlie a couple months before, and we looked at each other and decided to look for St. Bernards. The next day, we were looking online for St. Bernard puppies in the area and went and looked at him. He was the only puppy left, because he was the pick of the litter and the family who chose him ended up not being able to afford him. He was so gorgeous. As we left the house to go talk and make our decision, we turned around to look at him again and he was sitting in the doorway just staring at us walking away. He reeled us in then. They had named him Monarch, because one of the spots on him looked like a butterfly. But we decided on Bo, which soon turned to Bobo.


-We brought him home and introduced him to Charlie. They were the same size and they were instant buddies!


-Paige was only 3 then. I hadn't even met her yet, but Bo got to go live with Steve and her. We have a video of the day he brought her home and Bo was in the kitchen. She fell in love, too. He was smaller than her then.




-The below picture was my favorite. It's still framed in our bedroom, and Steve has it framed at work. This was when he was a few months old and getting bigger, but still not bigger than Paige.



-When Bo was getting bigger we ordered a barrel for him online. This was one of the few times we actually put it on him.



-Once Gavin came, Bo became the big brother. He was the watchdog. This was taken while I was sitting in the chair holding Gavin. He was protecting us. Anytime Gavin would cry, Bo would come and see what was the matter. He is such a gentle giant.

Bo supervising a diaper change when Gavin had only been home for one day.

The best buds. Bo would always get as close as he could to Gavin until one of us would tell him to back off. Gavin didn't mind him at all.

-Bo was a great part of our family. He was there for birthdays, visitors, and Gavin's homecoming. Every visitor learned to love him.

We will miss you, Bobo. Already do.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

This is sad:(

Shi Town said...

Ah, it's sad to see him go, but at least you'll be able to see him often :) Even though I don't like dogs much, he was a very good dog and I did enjoy him. He is beautiful!

Kristi said...

:( I will miss Bobo too!!!