Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All Steve's Fault

I think I set a new record today with 4 posts.

But I managed to forget something.

Last night, Steve and I were watching TV upstairs before falling asleep. I remembered that I forgot to turn the Scentsy off in the bathroom downstairs, so I hopped out of bed, and ran down the stairs. On the last landing, my foot slipped because I was wearing socks, and I flew up in the air and landed HARD on the rest of the steps, hitting my left shoulder and hip. I let out a little scream and Steve and Bo came running. I sat there for a minute to determine if I was paralyzed, realized I wasn't, and began to cry.

Not a couple tears, but full-on, couldn't catch my breath, toddler tears. Steve was kneeling down by me and trying to make sure I was ok and he started laughing at my break-down session, which only ticked me off more. I sat there and cried for a couple minutes. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, I mean, I didn't shed one tear during labor! But this was a combination of being scared, hurt and ticked.

I finally got up, immediately looked in the mirror to see if I had any bruises, and started laughing too.

I'm still in pain today...I seriously think I knocked my shoulder out a little bit or something. I took some ibuprofen before laying down and slept with a heating pad.

The funny part though, is that all evening I was complaining about how freezing I was. Steve keeps the temperature super low in the winter and high in the summer to save on the bill. Charlie was all curled up in a ball trying to stay warm all evening and I doubled up Gavin's jammies before bed.

So once I got up and caught my breath, I said to Steve, "See, if I wasn't wearing socks I wouldn't have fallen. It's your fault." And I walked up the stairs.

4 comments:

Shi Town said...

Hope you're OK this morning. I fell down the stairs once in college and severely sprained my ankle. I couldn't walk for weeks, so at least you didn't break anything. Happy Wednesday. Looking forward to four posts today, too :)

Alejandro Figueroa said...

Poor steve..... Us guys can never win !
oh yea poor sis hope you feel better.

Alejandro Figueroa said...

Poor steve..... Us guys can never win !
oh yea poor sis hope you feel better.

KristiA said...

:-) hehe