Friday, September 2, 2011

Cookies

Last night, Steve took Paige to an informational meeting about Girl Scouts. It was simply to inform parents of what they are all about, and then the parents can decide from there if they want to sign them up.

Before the meeting, Paige ate dinner and then ran and got green construction paper, scissors and markers. (Thanks April for the supplies!) It was almost time to leave, so Steve told her she didn’t have time to do crafts. She was running around like crazy and we weren’t really paying attention to what she was doing. She finally came into the room holding a little cut-out piece of paper that read “Cookies.”

She said “Dad, can you get me the tape?”

“For what?”

“I want to wear this so they know what I’m selling.”

Steve and I looked at each other with confused looks. It finally hit us.

“Honey, we’re not selling cookies today,” he said.

She looked at him with this surprised, confused look. “Oh. We’re not?”

It was the cutest thing ever. She correlates Girl Scouts with Girl Scout cookies. So when he told her where they were going, she thought that meant it was time to sell! She was a little disappointed, but we assured her she will be able to sell cookies soon enough.

Finally, a reason to justify all of the Girl Scout cookies I buy! J

2 comments:

Alejandro Figueroa said...

Ahhhh she sounded so excited! Well when the time comes , tell her that I would like 2 boxes Dulce de leche and 2 thin mints.....please oh and some milk.

Kami said...

That is too precious! It's one of those stories that will be told time and time again...until she's at least 30. :)