Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Duck Hunt


Isn’t this little soap dispenser adorable?

DO NOT BE FOOLED!! This sweet, innocent, adorable duck is laughing on the inside, I swear. Or maybe there’s a camera in there and I’m on Candid Camera or something similar.

You might remember about a month ago when I blogged about redecorating the kids’ bathroom. We went all-out and bought everything we could that had ducks on it. The quacking trash can and quacking soap dispenser were among the things purchased.

We didn’t even notice, at first, that the soap dispenser quacked until we were in the checkout line. We thought it was cute that every time someone would pump the dispenser to wash their hands, it would quack at them. I made a comment that this way we would always know if Paige and eventually Gavin washed their hands.

Once we got home, though, the quacking stopped. The trash can still worked when you lifted the lid to throw something away. But the soap dispenser remained quiet. Fine by me.

Until….

Last week the thing came to life again. And not just when you pump it. It seems the thing has a mind of its own. I get ready in the kids’ bathroom every morning since I get up so early and our master bathroom is open. This way Steve isn’t disturbed. Seriously, every time I move a muscle the freakin’ soap dispenser thinks it needs to quack. It is 45 minutes of non-stop quacking. I’ve attempted to figured out how to disable the quacking, but I’m not a very handy person. So I have dealt with it. But seriously, this morning, I about threw it out the window. I thought of playing the old “Duck Hunt” game on Nintendo. I thought of about a dozen ways to accidentally destroy the duck.

Oh…the things we do for our kids. This is the first of many annoying toys that will stay in the house because the kids like it. If you ever come to my house, I apologize in advance. If the duck is no longer there, you now know why. Just do not bring it up in Paige's presence! 

2 comments:

Shi Town said...

Hahaha. Too funny! I can't wait to hear the duck.

Alejandro Figueroa said...

QUACK!!!!!!!!!