Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Ten years ago today, I was in my dorm room at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. I was a freshman. Jenni was my roommate. My mom called at around 8:45 ish our time and sounded frantic. "Turn on the TV!" was all she could get out. I turned the TV on and was horrified. Jenni walked in a few minutes later from class and I asked if she had heard.

I had class shortly after, so I walked across campus and was one of only a few people who made it. It was a writing class, and our professor asked us to write down whatever we were feeling about the attacks.

I don't think I really grasped what was going on and the magnitude of it all. Now, 10 years later, I've grasped it. And it gives me goosebumps.

Where were you that day?

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Watching the videos yesterday of the attacks, the plane flying into the second tower and the collapse felt worse 10 years later than they did then. Even worse, trying to explain to Trevor why someone would do that and the magnitude of the lives lost.

10 years ago I was doing my workstudy in the UNK mailroom. I still remember the look on your face when I walked into CTE 443.

Our lives are so blessed, but we'll never forget.