- My little baby is not-so-little anymore. We got rid of his infant car seat and upgraded to the Britax car seat that will take us thru the next 5 years or so. He looked so huge in his old car seat, and now he’s back to looking tiny. He loves it so far, which is a good thing! We had decided to use Paige’s old car seat as our second one, then decided to share the new one, and now we decided to bite the bullet and just order another one. Steve drops Gavin off every morning and I pick him up, so sharing would be a super pain!!
- Paige is playing t-ball and doing great! Her games are early in the morning on Saturdays. It’s nice and chilly so I get to bundle Gavin up in all his fall outfits that I’ve been waiting to put him in! She is so good about getting down in her form and waiting for the ball…we just need to get her to run to the ball instead of waiting for it to get to her! She’s one of only two girls on her team. It’s so cute to see them out there. More often than not, the dirt, grass and waving hi to the parents trumps actually paying attention to the game. J
- We have our Halloween costumes ordered! That’s a little surprise I’ll save for when I have pictures to post. But they are going to look so cute!
- I also ordered Gavin’s first Christmas present. It’s a Chicago Bears pillow pet! I got an email from NFL.com introducing the pillow pets and I couldn’t resist. It arrived last night and daddy was pretty excited about it!
- I think I may have already mentioned Gavin’s journey of finding his voice. He screams at the top of his lungs!!! It’s a little embarrassing in public because people look at us like we’re bad parents for laughing at our screaming baby. But if they could only see his face they would realize these are happy screams, not mad or sad screams! He also discovered he can snort last week. So now he screams and snorts and laughs all the time. So funny. Steve found his ticklish spots and we are constantly tickling him so we can hear that sweet laugh. Poor baby!
- Gavin can now eat sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots and peas. Yum! He hasn’t given us any footage for America’s Funniest Home Videos yet, but we record and take pictures of his first bite of every new food.
- I’ll end this post with a word to the wise. Don’t put a humidifier in your baby’s room and shut the door, unless you want to be woken up 18 times by the fire alarms. All I can say is Gavin is a hard sleeper, because those alarms go off in every room in our house and they are NOT quiet! Steve, aka Genius, figured it out finally, opened the door to Gavin’s room, and we finally slept the rest of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment