My friend Jenni and I have recently been on a streak of talking a ton! I told her I feel like we are having an affair...we text first thing in the morning, last thing at night, email during the day and even send pics!
She and I met in high school when we both worked at Target...then we decided to be dorm roommates. I was her maid of honor in her wedding, and three little boys, a move to Colorado and several years later, time for each other became thinner and thinner and seeing each other happened once in a blue moon, even though she lives in Kearney and we go there all the time!
Well, I don't know what sparked it in us, but we have rekindled our flame. We have been talking mostly about fashion and beauty. I am blaming it on the fact that I'm feeling old and haven't spent much time on myself lately. Turning thirty is right around the corner so I have this new/rekindled passion for fashion and beauty...on a budget.
Well, she is big into watching YouTube for hair and beauty tricks, so I have been getting into it too. I recently watched one where two girls set a price limit and then went out and bought all kinds of makeup and beauty products for each other and uploaded videos of each other opening their gifts.
So we decided on fifty bucks each, and decided to send our favorite beauty products. It was so exciting! I got to open my box last night after staring at it for two days.
I got eyeshadows, mascara, blush, lipsticks, powders, exfoliating shower gloves, socks, a head warmer, a mask, eye makeup remover, a coffee drink, underwear, nail polish, and more!
She opened hers today....a makeup kit with lip glosses, eyeliners, eyeshadows and blushes, headbands, eye makeup remover, mascara, and more.
I definitely suggest it! I told her that we spend money on ourselves often.... we might as well make it fun and swap! So next we are going to do hair products. Ill be sure to update afterwards! If you have a friend who has similar taste in fashion and beauty as you, I definitely suggest trying a swap!
1 comment:
I really had no idea how similar our tastes until this swap! And, I don't live in Kearney, hah!
Post a Comment