I wrote this last July and just found it in my drafts. Wow, i thought time flew then....
Steve's mom, Mona, always says "They say..." this and "they say" that. She'll say "You know Stevie, they say real butter is better for you than that fake stuff." Steve makes fun of her and always says "Who's 'they'?"
Well, Mona, I'm with you!
They say time flies when you're having fun. We sure are having fun, because my baby is already going to be 4 months old on Tuesday! I can't believe it. Every day he's doing something new and he is such a happy baby.
Since he's been born, every time he grows out of a piece of clothing, we put it in a large gift bag. Well, after almost 4 months, the bag was full. Tonight I went thru all the clothes, refolded them, and put them in a box. Our first box of outgrown clothes. Our first box of hand-me-downs.
I remember buying every single onesie and outfit. I remember where we got them and I can almost tell you what day he wore each one. If it was a gift, I remember who bought it. I'm sure those memories will fade away as time goes by, but tonight, I remember.
They say to enjoy every moment, because it goes by fast. So instead of living in the past, I went back downstairs to spend time with my little boy.
I'm saving every article in hopes that some day we will be adding to our family. Although...I wouldn't mind if we had to go out and buy all new stuff....in pinks and purples!
1 comment:
Great post! Now mason wears my boys' clothes and when I see him in them I still remember each outfit.
Post a Comment