Whew! What day is it?
Last weekend was great.
Gavin and I left Friday afternoon for Arizona to see my sister. Steve and Paige dropped us off at the airport, and I was so stressed because I thought we were going to miss our flight because we were running late. We did curbside check-in, then headed to security. We made it thru security ok. It’s pretty stressful with the bags, taking off your shoes, taking the car seat off the stroller, folding up the stroller, holding a baby, etc. But we made it thru. I was sweating!
We hurried our way to the train and took that to our concourse, up the elevator, and to our gate. By this time there was a torrential downpour, so the flight was delayed about a half hour. For some reason, I decided to look thru the diaper bag (I opted out of bringing a purse and just put the important necessary items in our diaper bag) to make sure everything made it. It was then that I noticed I did not have my ID. I looked thru everything. I lifted Gavin out of the car seat. We ran back to the bathroom. Nothing. I went back to the podium and told the attendant that I must have lost my ID going thru security. I asked if he could call down there and ask. He said no, that I would have to go back down there.
So, trying to remain calm, Gavin and I went back to the elevator, back to the train, and back to the main concourse. We made our way to the security entrance and I told the guard I had already been thru, but that I must have left my ID in the process. They had me wait there, and luckily they came back with it. Good thing, because if it wasn’t there, I wasn’t going to get on that plane. I wouldn’t have been able to come back!
Then they proceeded to tell me I had to go BACK THRU security again. All I can say is, God made that storm happen at that point for a reason. We went back thru everything and made it back to the gate with time to spare. If the flight had been on time, I would have missed it.
Gavin did ok on the flight. He was screaming bloody murder while we waited on the tarmac for a half hour or so, but once we got in the air he slept the entire 2-hour flight.
My sister Jenneah, her husband Alex and their sons Kai and Kannon greeted us at the airport. We headed to their house in Florence, about an hour away. My sister and I stayed up til 3 in the morning chatting.
The next day we woke up for a few hours with the babies, and took advantage of their nap time and napped with them. Alex made a large breakfast for lunch, and we just spent the day hanging out and I got to know my nephews and niece. My sister has five kids. Michael, Kayden, Anthony, Kai and Kannon. They’re great!
Kai woke up early with Gavin and I on Saturday
David and Goliath
Kayden and Kannon...hasn't he changed so much since two weeks ago when he was visiting us in Colorado?
All five of my sister's kids...Michael is in back, Anthony is in yellow, Kayden is holding Kannon, and Kai is in front (Kai wouldn't smile because he was sad I was leaving the next day!)
Kai wanted a picture of him with his auntie for his bedroom. Since he and Kannon share a room, we all took one together
I'd catch Michael playing with Gavin when no one was looking. He loves babies!
On Sunday we went to church and to lunch and watched a couple of movies. Monday Gavin and I headed home. We had an early flight and luckily he slept thru the whole thing again. Daddy and Paige were there to meet us when we got off the plane, we were so excited to see each other!
We headed downtown to a new burger joint for lunch, then home for mommy’s nap! After I woke up, we headed back downtown for the opportunity of a lifetime…a free Boyz II Men concert!!! I know you’re jealous. It turned out to be a very popular event, so we were so far back that all I could catch a glimpse of were some legs on occasion walking across the stage. But I could sure hear them! I was singing along at the top of my lungs…and so was Steve! Brought back some memories!
Steve, Paige and Gavin at the concert
This is the best I could do for a pic of Boyz II Men. For all we know, they were just playing a CD!
Since it rained last night, Steve and Paige did not have T-ball practice. (Did I mention he’s her coach?) My aunt Sherri called yesterday morning, she’s a flight attendant and had a layover in Denver last night. So we went to have dinner with her. She has met Gavin but this was her first time meeting Paige! Paige was fascinated with the fact that she flies all day long. Sherri even brought her and Gavin some wings!
Favorite Aunt Sherri and Gavin even dressed alike! (She whispers "Favorite Aunt Sherri" in his ear over and over!)
Gavin saw some food on the table he was interested in...we couldn't get him to look at the camera!
Gavin turns 5 months old tomorrow!! Wow. We are trying sweet potatoes tonight for the first time. He is almost ready to sit up by himself. And he is discovering all of the different octaves his voice has by screaming and fluctuating his pitch. It's pretty funny. We are now in 9-12 month clothes. And we also have a nice tribute to Billy Ray Cyrus...a mullet!
Gavin screaming in his bouncer. He can touch the bottom! You know you want that hair style!
He was smiling the split-second before I took this pic, I promise!
We have Paige this weekend…and I plan to enjoy a weekend home with not much to do. She has a game on Saturday morning, but other than that, we will just be enjoying our time together. Can’t wait!!

2 comments:
Phew! What a weekend/week. Glad you made the flight despite all the trouble. And to go through security twice? Wow! Glad you had fun!
That was a whirlwind post! You do need some rest:) Enjoy your low-key weekend!
You better be rocking your Husker gear:)
Post a Comment