I forgot in all the birthday excitement to post about our 10th Annual Girls Christmas!
April, McGee, Irish, Shiloh and I started exchanging gifts 10 years ago when we were poor college students and couldn't afford much. We all worked together at Skeeter Barnes, a restaurant in Kearney, and instead of buying a gift for everyone, we drew names. As the years have gone on, we have endured moves, babies, marriages, sickness, and disagreements but have always stuck together.
This year we switched it up and set a ten dollar limit and bought our favorite things. It was tough to stay in the budget, but it was fun! We quickly exchanged our gifts before heading out to celebrate.
We got nail polish, drinks, creamer, candles, pens, sharpies, wine, a coaster, dog treats, lip gloss, an earring holder, and more. I cherish these memories with my girls and am confident there will be many many more girls Christmases!

No comments:
Post a Comment