We got into the Christmas spirit over the weekend and decorated. This is my favorite time of year, I have so many great memories of picking out trees and decorating while listening to Christmas music as a kid, so I make sure to make a big deal of it every year now too.
We started by going to Hallmark to pick out the kids' ornaments for the year....if you remember from last year, every year they get a Hallmark ornament of their choice. I write the year and their name on it, and when they grow up, they'll have their very own collection to start out. This year, Paige chose a Mickey and Minnie singing ornament, and Gavin of course chose a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ornament. Steve even got lucky and they had his favorite player of all time, Walter Payton...so he got one too!
Then we had to go pick out our tree. It's a beautiful big tree and I love it! I switched up the decorations this year and did a red and silver theme with our special ornaments throughout. I think it turned out great...and Steve and I agreed its our favorite tree ever,
We also hung icicle lights outside. We had planned on eating popcorn and watching Home Alone after we were done, but it took all day, and once we were done it was bath time!
I'm still figuring out how to work this blog on the iPad, so here are the captions for the pics:
1. Gavin's ornament
2. Our tree!
3. Our new stockings. Charlie has one too, but I guess we need a new hanger for his!
4. My nativity set. These were hand painted by my grandmother
5. Festive dining room!
6. Steve's ornament
7. View from the street! You can't even tell we have a second story :) If you look closely, you can see Gavin looking out at me thru the window by the front door!








3 comments:
That's so special that your grandma painted your nativity scene. Love the pictures!
Looks great! Is it a real tree?
Yep, it's real!
Post a Comment