Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gavin's Two!

Steve and I planned to take yesterday off and spend some quality time with our little man by going to the zoo. Snow coming, scratch that. The aquarium. Lots of snow coming, scratch that. Just the three of us at home playing. Blizzard coming, scratch that!

Paige ended up having a snow day too! We all just hung out at home all day and the poor boy didn't have the best day. He was a little sick and congested when he woke up so it was straight to a warm bath. Then we had some Krispy Kremes. They were so hopped up on sugar they managed to get all kinds of bumps and bruises. They decided to wash Gavin's hands without our help and tumbled and scratched his face up. It was quite the day!

He did have fun opening a few presents and having spaghetti and cake though!

As I put him to bed I told him the story of the day he was born and we snuggled and I cried a little for my sweet baby who isn't such a baby anymore. Happy birthday to my little boy. Even though it wasn't what we had planned, at least we were all together.















2 comments:

Jenni said...

What a big boy! I love his smile with the guitar.

Shannon said...

Is the blue chair from Pottery Barn? I love those chairs.