Wednesday, September 5, 2012

April 2012


                -We kicked April off by going to a Rapids soccer game on April 1st. We took the whole family and I had received some tickets thru work to sit in the President’s Suite. It was pretty cool!
                -On the 5th, Steve and I went to an Avalanche hockey game.
                -On Good Friday, we left for Kearney to celebrate Easter and Gavin’s first birthday! What a fun weekend. His Mickey Mouse party turned out soooo cute. I had a cake shop in Kearney make him a big polka-dot Mickey cake, and a personal giant cupcake just for him. I also had a Mickey pinata, and we did an Easter Egg hunt for all the kids as well. My friend Kristin made a banner. The invites were precious. The whole family had personalized Mickey ears, and then I had Mickey ears for all the guests as well. We served Mickey-shaped macaroni and cheese, hot dog hot dog hot diggity dogs, and Mickey-shaped nuggets for the kids, and hamburgers for the adults. I found all kinds of little Mickey treats and toys for the goody bags, and made the bags myself. Gavin had a personalized Mickey shirt and bib also that he wore. Gavin got TONS of toys and clothes! He loved his cupcake. I only have a few pictures though, as our camera that had all the pictures is now gone. We got Gavin a swingset, some clothes, a ball Octopus game, and some books.
               -We went to church and had an Easter egg hunt with my parents, siblings and niece and nephews. The Easter bunny brought the kids some movies, stuffed animals and of course some candy!
                -The next weekend, Steve’s high school friend Brad came out to stay with us and to be a part of their other friend, Adam’s surprise birthday party. We got a sitter and a hotel room that night, and had fun with the group and stayed out way too late!
                -The following weekend my friend Kristin and her husband were in town, so I got to go have lunch with her and we got our nails done.
                -We attended a Nugget’s game.

No comments: