Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Post!

Hi there!

So, I decided to get back on Facebook for about 4 hours....then decided maybe I'd try blogging again. Now that I have a family I thought people might actually want to see and hear about what we're up to!

I'll run through the list and how everyone's doing and hopefully not neglect this blog for months on end.

Steve is busy with work lately, he's coming up on his 10th anniversary at Enterprise! He's so old :) He got Lasik eye surgery earlier this summer and I'm finally used to him without his glasses...he looks great! He's gearing up for football season and excited to dress his boy up in all the Hawkeye and Bears gear he can get his hands on! ....And don't worry, I'll be sure to throw in some Huskers gear too when he's not looking.

I'm busy back at work as well. I've been with Transamerica now for almost 3 years. I don't love it but I am grateful for the job and blessed with good pay. I'd be happy to find a job closer to home, as I drive about 45 minutes to an hour each way every day, but for now things are good. Trying to get used to being away from Gavin every day, which is definitely not fun. But I'm hanging in there!

Paige is 5 years old and will start kindergarten in a few weeks! She is excited and we already started our school clothes shopping. She picked out a Smurfs lunch box that I would have loved when I was a kid! Funny how some things stay popular. She is into Disney Channel, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift and anything musical. Such a girlie girl...and an extremely proud big sister! She loves her "Gavie," as she calls him.

Gavin is almost 4 months old already. I can't believe how fast time is going since becoming a mommy. I am truly loving every minute of it. He is a very good baby...super smily and a GREAT eater! He's getting super chubby too. We will find out at his 4 month appointment how much weight he's gained, but at his 2 month appointment he was in the 90th percentile for weight and 60th for height. He's talking a lot and trying to figure out how to roll over. I could go on and on.... :) He was baptized a few weeks ago back in Nebraska and was able to meet his Great Grandpa Frank, my mom's dad. It was great to see the whole Sue family!

Charlie (our Cairn Terrier) is going to turn 2 on Sunday! He's the 16-pound little man of the house. He loves watching the rabbits on the golf course and dreams of one day catching one. Bo (our St. Bernard) is our 120-pound big baby. He is very jealous of affection and loves to be right in there if someone is getting kisses. Both dogs are very good with Gavin, they know there's something special about him and not to get too close. Bo will be 2 in October. They're the funniest dogs...we compare them to Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwartzenegger in the movie "Twins." :)

My mom and Ter are doing great, we got to spend some time with them this summer so that's good. We also took a trip to Indiana to see Steve's family. I hadn't met his sisters yet so I got to meet Debbie, Jill and Kasey and their families. I also got to meet his uncle Steve who he was named after. It was great to meet them all and see where he got his personality from :)

My dad and Sandra moved here to Colorado in May! They came out to visit after Gavin was born and decided to move on out. They are currently living just a few minutes away but they just bought a house in Colorado Springs so they will be about an hour and a half away. But it'll be great to see them more often and they've already been a great help with the dogs and Gavin.

I'll post soon about my little siblings Nick, Akaela and Noelle coming to visit us last week.

Here are some pics from our trip to Nebraska.

 Kristin and I

 Steve and I at Shooters...our first night out after having Gavin!

 Gavin's baptism
Shawn and Irish Kreis, Pastor Rob, me, Steve and Gavin, my siblings Nick and Akaela


 My Step-Dad Terry with Gavin


 My friends McGee, April and Kristin


 My nephew Shane helping out with baby Gavin


 Ter and his girls


 Steve and I on the 4th


 Grandpa Sue


 Gavin and his Great-Grandpa


 Gavin with my cousins KJ and MacKenzie


My cousins Chandler and Carson with Steve and Gavin
I used to nanny them when they were 2 and 4 years old...they're so big now!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

When the heck did your family get so big?! You're right, Steve does look great without his glasses. Sounds like the lasek went great! Gavin is really starting to look like a lil' man. Glad to hear your summer is going great! Love, and miss you:) Jenni.