Good: The fact that I can have Diet Coke and Chai Tea again.
Bad: Traffic. My 45-minute drive can easily be doubled by the tiniest accident or any precipitation.
Good: No traffic. It's a nice surprise when traffic is a breeze and it always puts me in a good mood to get to work without the stop and go.
Bad: Getting rid of my Altima. Steve said "I've never seen anyone so sad to get a new car." I just really loved that car!
Good: Getting a new car, a Volvo S40.
Bad: Steve and I only get about a half-hour together after Gavin goes to bed during the week. I have to get up around 5-5:30 (depending on how many times I hit snooze), so I go to bed at around 9.
Good: The fact that we get a whole half-hour to ourselves to catch up on our days and have some adult conversation.
Bad: Steve only gets to see Gavin for about an hour in the evenings before it's bedtime.
Good: That means I get almost 3 hours of one-on-one time with Gavin. I usually do tummy time with him to build his strength, Bumbo time, and to be honest, lots of holding him.
Bad: Only having Paige half the time.
Good: Every night after her bath she comes downstairs to say goodnight to me. She gives me kisses and hugs and tells me how much she loves me, and says "See you on Saturday!"
Bad: Growing up with my dad living halfway across the country. My whole life we have gone 2-3 years between visits.
Good: Having my dad and Sandra here in Colorado. It’s nice to get to know him as an adult and have him be not only a part of my life, but to have him be in Gavin’s life. I’m also getting to know Sandra…they are both so generous and helpful. It’s awesome.
Bad: Poopy clothes.
Good: I love doing Gavin’s laundry. Isn’t that weird? I am very particular and no stain gets past me. I love folding his clothes after they’re clean, organizing and re-organizing his drawers, and setting out his clothes every night for Steve.
Bad: Not seeing Gavin in the mornings because I leave too early for work.
Good: The picture of Gavin that Steve sends me every morning. Sometimes he's smiling, sometimes he's not...but he always makes me smile!
Bad: Having your 10-year high school reunion 4 months after having a baby....doesn't help with the whole "trying to look good" idea. Also bad: realizing you graduated high school 10 years ago!!
Good: Reconnecting with old friends and catching up on their lives.
Bad: I haven't met my new nephew Kannon yet. My sister Jenneah gave birth to a little boy on July 10th. Gavin was the baby of the family for three whole months!
Good: I'm going out to Arizona to meet him and introducing the babies to each other over Labor Day.
Bad: The fact that my Grandpa Sue had a major stroke this year and he will never be the same. It was tough to see him have trouble figuring out who was who and forgetting things.
Good: It got the whole Sue family to get together in Nebraska when he came to visit. We also are blessed to have time with him and makes us all realize we need to make each moment count.
Bad: Having to go back to work.
Good: Having a job to go back to.
Bad: It's Friday night and I'm on the computer blogging.
Good: Knowing there's nowhere else I'd rather be. Just put Gavin to bed, Charlie is curled up next to me, and Steve and I are about to watch a movie.
Bad: The negative things in life.
Good: Finding the silver lining in it all.
2 comments:
Ah, this was really cute. I like it!!!
The one about kisses and hugs from Paige and saying see you on Saturday made me cry! I love it! And...you look fab and don't even look like you've had a baby!!! You're a hot little mom and you will have a lot of fun at your reunion! I can't wait to babysit!
Post a Comment