Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011 Recap

Before I post pictures from the last two weekends, I figured I'd better do a recap of 2011 before it gets too far out of site!

January: We traveled to Wisconsin and rang in the New Year with Irish and Shawn. Steve turned 34. We watched the Bears lose to the Packers at Lambeau Field. Steve got to meet my dad and Sandra when we headed to their house after the game for a few days.

February: Paige turned 5! I had my baby shower in Kearney with friends and family.

March: We prepared for our baby boy. Set up the nursery, put toys together, washed, folded and rewashed and folded clothes....and waited

April: Biggest month of my life! Our sweet boy was born on April 9th. The 8th is my parent's anniversary and the 10th is my brother Ryan's birthday, so Gavin wanted a day all to himself and decided to come on the 9th! My mom, Terry and siblings came when he arrived. My dad and Sandra came a couple weeks later. We celebrated Gavin's First Easter in Kearney.

May: My sister Jenneah and her husband Alex came to see baby Gavin. They were also able to meet Paige. Steve got rid of his glasses for good and had Lasik eye surgery! My dad and Sandra made the move from Random Lake, WI to Colorado!

June: We traveled to Indiana to see Steve's family with Gavin and Paige. Gavin's first flight! I was able to meet 3 of Steve's sisters, aunt, uncle, cousin and nieces and nephews. I had met his parents before. I went back to work.

July: Gavin's baptism/first 4th of July. We traveled to Kearney where my mom's whole side of the family came to celebrate the holiday and attend Gavin's baptism. Nick, Akaela and Noelle came to stay a week with us.

August: Gavin started rolling over! My sister, her husband and their new baby Kannon came to visit! My dad and Sandra moved to Colorado Springs. We attended my 10-year reunion in Elm Creek, NE. Paige started kindergarten! Steve celebrated 10 years with Enterprise. Gavin's first Rockies/Dodgers game! April and Aydan came to visit!

September: Gavin and I traveled to Florence, AZ to spend time with my sister and her family.

October: Gavin started sitting up! Gavin's first Halloween: he was a puppy and Paige was a kitty.  Steve traveled to Orlando for a work trip. I traveled to Virginia for a work trip. Kristin and Ty visited. We attended a Thompson Square/Chris Young/Jason Aldean concert. We attended the CU/USC game.

November: Traveled to Kearney to celebrate Thanksgiving with both kids. Gavin started feeding himself! The Huskers beat the Hawkeyes!

December: I quit my job at Transamerica and started with Staples Advantage. Gavin got two teeth and started crawling! We traveled to Kearney with both kids for Gavin's First Christmas. Steve and I traveled to Las Vegas to celebrate my 29th birthday! We attended the Broncos/Bears game. We decided to give Bo to some friends.

No comments: